Thursday, October 26, 2006

When I sat out and observed other people in society I didn't really notice any social problems where I was but I did start to notice the changes from things that used to be social problems but aren't really anymore. For example, on campus I noticed the people on campus and how incredibly independent everyone was, including women. In the past women weren't able to go to most colleges - I know there were exceptions - let alone did they walk around as confident as they do today. Another thing I noticed was people in relationships that were walking around with their significant others, holding hands and whatnot, but one thing I noticed was that it wasn't the men walking with the women or vice versa. In the people I saw they just walked hand in hand together, not one person more dominant or controlling, were in before men seemed to be "walking" their girlfriends. I know not in all cases, but it made me think about all the progress that has been made socially.

No comments: